Head of Department: Mr. P. Martin
Email address: email@example.com
At Gilbert Inglefield our aim is for pupils to combine computational thinking and practical skills in order to understand and prepare them for an ever changing landscape.
Our Computing curriculum also ensures that pupils develop their digital literacy skills to a suitable level for the future workplace and as active participants in a digital world.
The theme within our curriculum are:
- Game design and realisation
- Algorithms, logic and control
- Visual-based programming versus textual-based programming
- Online safety and the responsible use of computers
- Hardware and software
- Understanding the infrastructure that makes up a network
Here at Gilbert Inglefield we believe it is important to continually adapt the computing curriculum in order to consider new developments.
We are always on the lookout for interesting software to enrich the pupils learning experience.
Computing curriculum overview